Invite Me to Speak
Thanks for your interest in having me speak to your church or group. I am deeply interested in helping groups of all sizes think more clearly about how the Gospel illuminates the challenges we face, and provides a path through them. I enjoy speaking to groups of all sizes, and enjoy a variety of formats–especially dialogues. I am always open to entertaining proposals about how I can best serve you.
Possible subjects or topics include:
- The glory of God and the good(s) of marriage
- Sex and transcendence: speaking about gay marriage in public
- Recovering the forgotten virtue of chastity
- Love in a time of climate change: a Christian ethic of procreation
- (Why) should Christians have children?
- Honouring God at the end of life: death and the limits of humanity
- Infertility and the Hope of the Gospel
- Sex, death, and tattoos: learning to love the body’s limits
- Tortured wonders: forming Christian flesh
- The beauty of life and the wrongs of abortion
- The theological virtues and the end of the culture war
- Can politics be saved?
- The Gospel and (social) justice
- Quit Netflix (and Disney+, too): cultivating ordinary practices for fruitfulness
- Shakespeare and the retrieval of Christian wisdom
I would be interested in leading seminars, discussions, or giving talks on Christian engagement with: Homer, Plato, Augustine, G.K. Chesterton, Shakespeare (especially Shakespeare), Spencer, Dante, or just about any other ‘great’ text with sufficient notice.
Broadly, those fall under three categories:
- Sexual ethics and marriage
- The body and bioethics
- The Gospel and politics
- The Gospel and culture
Please fill out the form below, and I will be in touch shortly.